Monday, May 4, 2015

Letrozole, rainbow & unicorns

So, I am on my 4th day on Letrozole. On Friday, I had my scan, got a timeline of pills, intercourse, and my next scan, and then I was on my own. Well, me and the mighty Internet, where I googled all kinds of things, starting with "Letrozole side effects". I got myself so thoroughly scared, that I couldn't even look at the pill bottle. I used to be a reasonably healthy person, and I don't have any experience with medications that are so serious and strong. Still, I took my four pills, and the next day I took another four... and tomorrow would be my last day on them for this cycle. I haven't had any adverse reaction so far, except for feeling out of sorts in the mornings, but this sensation goes away.
Today I went to see the Dr who prescribed it, the optimistic one, the one of the unicorns and rainbows. Last time when I've seen him, he was somewhat cavalier about my numbers and my age. "Your eggs are not THAT old," he told me. Since then, I turned 39. My big 4-0 is just 6 month away. I have high FSH, low AMH, and low AFC. He cannot ignore this anymore, not really. Yes, there is an age factor, he said. But considering what the surgery found - or did not find - you are in a good place, you are doing the right thing with Letrozole, let's try that for 3 months and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, let's add injectables; the next step is IUI. Of course, even after achieving the pregnancy, there's a matter of keeping it; Intralipids and Lovenox are his choice for that, as he said previously.
So there's that.
Wednesday would be the day of doom and gloom Dr, my RE.

No comments:

Post a Comment