Friday, May 29, 2015

* * *

This is truly a horrible time for another chemical pregnancy to happen, especially with the implications that go with it - i.e. we are hitting the wall and not getting anywhere, and we are too freaking old to have another baby. I mean, 2 chemicals in a row is one thing; 3 chemicals in a row - bringing the total to five miscarriages - sound like a final sentence. And the thing is, my MIL died last night. My husband is beside himself with grief, and he is dealing with it and with all the rituals and bureaucracy surrounding death - and he is dealing with it alone, across the state. I am at home with a kid, and I am powerless. I did not tell him about the test, because I did not want to put extra pressure on him, and I did not want to put him through another round of beta hell. But the thing is, he remembers. He even remembered to ask me today, if I'd checked already - and I did not tell him the truth. I wanted my news to be a ray of light in an all-around bleak time, but now I fear it might as well be the breaking point.
This is truly hell. I couldn't help but Google happy endings for low HSG, but there were not much. Also, from my experience, if something doesn't look right and requires some elaborate mental scheming, calculations, and explanations like "sometimes it could still be normal", it probably is not right at all.
And yes, I've already thought about the name. Stupid old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment