Friday, July 10, 2015

Phone consultation

Our free phone consultation with the new doctor, let's call him Dr C, was rescheduled and took place today. He asked few questions, some of which I have already answered in their clinic questionnaire. He seems to think that the best way to go would be an aggressive stimulation IVF with immunology prep beforehand. He does not do natural IVF since he doesn't think the efforts required are justifiable with too low success rate.
He suggested that I cut out dairy (yogurt is thankfully okay), gluten (and I'd just had pasta for lunch), and alcohol completely (and he calls it a life). He also recommends to up the daily dose of CoQ10, Vitamin D, and to add Omega-3 and prenatals (I can't even describe how much I hate taking prenatals while not being pregnant). He also wants me to do blood tests for NK cells, cytokines and antiphosphilipid panel. He does not believe that my husband needs to do a Sperm Chromatine Structure Assay for his low (2%) morphology, as it was recommended by my second Dr (let's call him Dr J). He was quite adamant on this issue (but again, so was Dr J).
So, we're off for the tests on Monday. Depending on the results, we'll see whether we need IVF or we could treat immune issues and try naturally. Frankly, cards are stacked against us on all counts. We're dealing with female issues, male issues, immune issues, and we would probably have no money for IVF. And even if we had, having this endometrioma as an after-effect of Femara, I don't know if I want to risk anything like this happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment