Monday, July 6, 2015

No good news

So yes, the endometrioma is back, possibly gotten a push from Letrozole, and is just slightly smaller than it was before the surgery in February. Not only that, but my CA-125 is higher than it was before the surgery. I am not back to square one, I am back to ground zero. I just cannot win. Such a neat double whammy: no pregnancy, but a bunch of potentially dangerous cysts, that threaten the whole possibility of me ever getting pregnant again.
I realize that all this time, I've been waiting for a miracle. Like you know, deus ex machina, light saving the darkest hour, this kind of thing. But apparently the miracles do not apply to us anymore. We had our miracle 6 years ago, only we did not understand just how great and singular it was.
And of course I am angry. At the surgeon - did she do her job well? At Dr who prescribed Letrozole - how could he not take into account my history, being told about it repeatedly? He said "you're in a good place right now", and then proceeded to put me in a much shittier place. At myself - if I wasn't so impatient, I would not have taken Letrozole, and maybe I'd have had another shot at miracle. At my body, which is failing me again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment