Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Immunology testing and other stuff

So I did the tests recommended by Dr. C. His clinic is huge, fancy, and totally faceless. I did not like it one bit, despite chocolates with his logo and fancy teas. The girl who was taking my blood samples had shaking hands, and looked decidedly uncomfortable and completely inefficient. Anyway, the results are in, and - surprise - my immunology results are totally normal. No elevated Natural Killer cells, nothing. The accompanying note said that based on these results, Dr. C recommends IVF. No surprise here: that's what they were pushing from the very beginning.
Now, yesterday we received a thick envelope with the financial information from this clinic. I went through it with a growing sense of dread and helplessness. There is NO WAY we could afford this. Just no way. Even if we felt comfortable enough with the idea of pumping me with drugs and risking another cyst or the same darling endometrioma growing... I don't know what to do now, I just don't.
I also started this "no gluten no dairy" regimen on Monday, and by today's evening, I felt thoroughly miserable. And hungry. What do these people on Paleo diet even eat? I cannot eat that much rice, I despise quinoa, I am not a huge meat-eater, I looove cheese and bread with everything basically. I don't feel full without it. So I caved in and ate some leftover pasta, with Parmesan to boot. I know you are not supposed to use food for comfort and solace, but what have I left? The atmosphere in our house is not a happy one currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment