Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ultrasound results

So the results are in, and they don't make much sense - except for the confirmation that yes, I do have cysts, and I also have some "free fluid with debris" flowing around down there. Ain't it just peachy - I know I am full of awesomeness. Moreover, somehow the radiologist decided to compare the results with the ones I had in December, before the surgery. So his/her sorry exercise looked like: um, yes, the lesions got smaller etc. What. The. Fuck. S/he didn't even measure their sizes, how about that? And then my hurried surgeon emailed me "good news, your cysts are smaller and we don't have to do a follow up". Excuse me? Haven't you, you know, cut the whole shit out?! My OB/GYN said that "um, the endometriosis always comes back, so the cysts just had rearranged themselves". My uneducated take was that it's a few leftover cysts from Letrozole which could still go away, but no one seems to really think about it. They think that yes, this is the same old endometriosis back so soon. Which is very weird. Does it really, as the radiologist implied, has roughly the same configuration as before? How could this be?! Did they just forget to cut it out, having better things to do while I was sleeping? I don't know what to think, I am just pissed off and depressed even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment