Monday, June 22, 2015

The longest day of the year

I spent it checking my email every few minutes, awaiting the results of the ultrasound I had on Sunday to check the state of my ovaries after the botched attempt at Femara/Lethrozole. I haven't received any calls or emails, and I am exhausted from the whole imagination overdrive this is causing me.
Also, these past 3 days I have been: 1) drinking, 2) eating medium-cooked meat, 3) eating sushi. All during the two week wait. I think what this fifth miscarriage did to me was taking away hope - and thus maybe freeing us to go along with our lives. First small things, like drinking alcohol and planning vacations. Maybe bigger things will follow.
We are not completely done yet, though. We still plan on having a few phone consultations and seeing what we could do with our limited budget and travel opportunities. However, I have to get myself out of this limbo, which swallowed two years of our lives already. I have to. I don't know how, but I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment