Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Holiday spirit

I cried myself to sleep the day before yesterday.
And I cried all day yesterday.
And I am crying now.
There was something weird going on over the weekend, so I requested an ultrasound - they repeat it every 6 months and was almost due for another one anyway. So now my ob/gyn wants me to have a surgery in January, to remove endometrioma that grew a bit too big and had almost taken over one of my ovaries. The good news is they would also check for endometriosis and remove it if it's there. The bad news is that doing all this shit with my ovary might leave me with no ovarian reserve to speak of. So yeah, I might end up with a nice clean uterus and nothing to put in. The good news is that the other ovary looks pretty good. Nobody knows, of course. But all this puts us out of baby-making business for another two months, at least.
So when I saw a woman complaining online that she's not having much fun this holiday season because she has a kid and she is heavily pregnant, I saw red. She doesn't even know how incredibly lucky she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment