Sunday, January 25, 2015

Surgery consultation

So last week, we went for a consultation with a Dr. who's going to do my surgery in two weeks. Surprisingly, she talked mostly about things she would be doing to enhance my fertility: endometriosis removed, hysteroscopy done, tubes checked and flashed out (they did not get to tubes during HSG, since I freaked them out by freaking out basically), etc. She told us that she has 5 kids - and had 8 miscarriages ("and maybe more", she added, since there were probably some undetected chemical pregnancies). She was competent and reassuring, and I almost started to hope that maybe, maybe this would help. Then I remember my crappy AMH - and it was a year ago - and my age and all that - and also the fact that I still have to get through the actual surgery. I had two cystectomies before, and this is not much fun... and I don't even want to think about the whole "bowel preparation" protocol beforehand. And now we just have one bathroom. Oh joy.
I am also scared about having my kid here, witnessing the painful recovery process. We don't have family close by, and while the daytimes are covered with her preschool, she would still be home for the weekend right after the surgery, the hardest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment